Friday, April 29, 2011

Mr cool!

I have been considering how lucky I am lately.  Is life perfect?  Of course not but with a kid like this, it's pretty darn close!  He is my sunshine.  I think anyone who knows him or his daddy and I, knows that he spices up our lives.  Some of the things he says are down right hysterical!  He definitely speaks his mind!

As parents, I think we are totally unprepared for the shift life takes when we hold our child in our arms for the first time.  When my little guy was born, I waited to hear his first cry because if he cried, he was OK.   I spent my entire pregnancy praying that he wouldn't suffer because of my medical history. 

Now, I would give anything to keep him safe.  I worry what kind of world he is growing up in and how that world will shape the man he becomes.   I pray that his daddy and I can give him the strength to stand up for his beliefs when we aren't there.  I pray that he will stand strong when his opinions may not be what is popular at the time.  I hope that he will always know that we love him unconditionally.

My sweet Sunshine, as you mother I may do things that you won't like.  More than likely I will drive you nuts with questions about your life and the people you will call friends.(We want To be part of your life.)  Know this,  It is only because we love you and want you happy for the long term.(That doesn't mean candy before dinner.)  We will always be your parents first and friends second.

Parenting is hard.  Raising a good kid is worth it.  My little guy is only three but  we can all use a little reminder now and than.  There is way too much at stake to forget.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy him. they grow up all to fast. He is a beautiful little boy.

    ReplyDelete