Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update on "The Diet"

When I started the gym, I was horrified to discover that my body fat percentage was 35. As of last night it is 28. I still have work to do to get where I should be but this is encouraging! I guess the South Beach diet really works! The first phase is the hardest but if you follow it (no cheating) you will see big results. What I noticed after the first week was that I could not eat as much and this is a good thing! I haven't had to count calories either. My husband and I are on this together and later I will post the books wee use as guides. I am proud of him for doing this and even being the one to suggest it. He has seen even better results than I have!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Oh yes, South Beach is fab :o) I lost 45 lbs on it a couple of years ago. I've put 15 lbs back on on the project from hell this last 6 months though, and I'm determined to get it back off again, even if it means bringing dinner into work to avoid the late afternoon snacks!

    ReplyDelete