Monday, May 16, 2011

Going Home.

   Soon we will be home for a visit.  I may not want to come back.  It's funny how as children we rush time because we can't wait to grow up.  We have no idea how fast time really is going.  Now that I am older, I would give anything to slow time down.  I have this frantic feeling that we are speeding toward unavoidable pain and heartache as we begin to lose people we love.   I thank God for the assurance that this life is not the end!
    As a parent, I want to leave something wonderful in this world for my son to hold on to because I won't be here forever.  I think we all want that for our kids. I want him to have close relationships with extended family as well as many other wonderful things.  I want him to really be a kid and enjoy things around him.  I want to fill his childhood with memories that won't fade.
     Back to going home.  For the last year, we have been in a situation where we don't have family around and I am not used to that.  It will be wonderful to visit with everyone.  We have some wonderful things planned and I promise I will post pictures.  As soon as our main computer is working,  There will be many pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment