Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th, just another day?

There has been a lot of remembering today.  I believe all of my readers are old enough to have September 11th 2001 seared into their memory. Tragic events tend to do that. Where were you and what were you doing at the exact moment the towers were hit?  I remember as if it happened yesterday.

I woke up and turned on the TV just like any other morning.  You see, I was always the first person up because I had to get ready for work.  I usually turned on the television because the voices coming from it kept me from crawling back in bed.

The only thing different is that I didn't have to change the channel.  It was already on ABC news.  I could not believe what I was seeing.  The second tower was hit!  it seemed surreal.  I ran across the house to wake my mom up because she had told me the night before that her cousin was in New York for a meeting.

I also remember, what happened after this horrible day.  We were able to put aside differences and come together as Americans.  We were not ashamed to stand up and worship God.  We showed RESPECT for anyone who stepped up to keep us safe.  For the soldiers who fought and still fight so we can have the freedom that many people try to take from us.  I felt pride!

It is my hope that we will not wait for the next tragic event to remember how to treat each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment