Friday, September 30, 2011

The Mouth

  Have you ever had one of those days where you just want to take your family into the house and lock the door to keep the world out?  I have.  Let me explain why.  There are two pine trees dividing our yard from the neighbor's and the neighborhood kids like to play in these trees.  I can't really say I blame them, the way the trees have grown makes for a perfect childhood hideout!  Here is where "The Mouth" and my problem come into play.

   My three year old son decided to lock us out of the house so we were stuck.  Thing was, we are in the backyard and unseen by the kids in the trees.  Here is where "Mouth" decides to open.  This "Child" who could be any more than nine or ten,  let out a stream of obscenities that literally had my jaw on the ground! OH my ---!  Don't Rape your M----- ___ child!  He said this as loud as he could with my son staring right at him!  I was furious!  Once I spoke up he took off but I was still angry.  Is society that warped that this talk has become normal?  Is this how his parents talk???  Should I be worried about what happens to this boy that he would know to talk like that?  How should I handle things if he comes back?

2 comments:

  1. I can tell you for sure that after 10 years working at an elementary school, that yes indeed this is how kids are talking. Makes me sick and angry, you know it is the parents when it is this age. Although I never curse and some of the things that I have heard coming out of my teenage daughter's mouth makes me want to throw up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. I am actually still in Highschool and I have always noticed how awful and disrespectful some kids are. I think it is a number of things.. parents are having to work more because of the economy so that now kids don't get the attention they need.. they have no social skills because their parents aren't home to teach them proper manners and these kids don't know what to do with themselves after school. They are just bored. It makes me ashamed and embarrassed of my own generation for behaving this way.. but in reality who is to blame? I wouldn't be mad at this child... instead feel sorry for him. He has not experienced the love and joy of coming from a caring family.. Perhaps if he comes around again and you catch him you can have a good talk with him. If this kid does not get stopped now for his bad behavior he is going to be the same exact way when he grows up to be an adult maybe even worse..

    ReplyDelete